This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
State departments are recruiting for two critical positions in technology.
The California Department of Technology (CDT) is seeking a manager for its data centers (IT Manager I) in Gold Hill and Vacaville. The manager will report to the deputy director of CDT’s Data Center Support Services and will be responsible for all computer functions at the two data centers, including hiring, staffing, scheduling and other operations. The manager must possess strong project management skills, the job posting notes.
The data centers, which come under CDT’s Office of Technology (OTech), run around the clock, and the manager has key responsibility in overseeing their management. Other duties of the position include:
- Direct the development and maintenance of operational policies and procedures to maintain OTech data centers and systems at the highest possible levels of availability and performance.
- Direct the activities of the Computer Room Support and Tenant Managed Services teams. Be directly responsible for planning, maintenance and coordination of technical facilities related systems for the OTech data centers.
- Develop plans to accomplish branch goals and objectives in accordance with organizational mission and strategic goal; support and advocate management’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Evaluate supervisors on completion of their supervisory responsibilities; develop and update duty statements as needed; establish performance expectations and complete individual development plans annually; complete probationary reports on a timely basis; and other performance management activities including adherence to the state’s progressive-discipline policy including taking corrective or disciplinary action as necessary.
- Participate as an active member of the Computer Operations team by contributing to management team decisions, division policies and procedures, and communication information from the management team and staff. Provide leadership and project management on task forces and/or major projects that impact customer departments and/or have departmentwide impact.
- Participate in budget activities relating to hardware and software and provide input into contracts. The manager is responsible for budget, cost control, and reporting and the selection, training, and placement of personnel.
The monthly salary range for this position is $8,381 to $11,231, and the application deadline is Oct. 3. Additional information is available in the duty statement.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority is recruiting for a business analyst/junior project manager (IT Specialist I) to provide project coordination between lines of business and IT, working with customers to identify business problems or opportunities and work with IT to implement the solution. Requirements of the position, according to the job posting and duty statement, include:
- Ability to facilitate collaboration sessions among various stakeholder groups and drive outcomes.
- Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff and bridge communications among various stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with waterfall and agile processes, tools and methodologies, and with developing project scope, schedule, manage risks, and change management.
- Knowledge and experience with project management and Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to prepare and produce clear and concise documentation (e.g., requirements, business processes, plans, etc.)
The position has a monthly salary range of $5,815 to $9,408, and the application deadline is Oct. 12.