Business Analyst Info Delivery – Senior Associate
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Derivatives COE team within the Global Operations department in support of the corporate goals while helping to drive the future of State Street globally.
Candidate will assume the role of business analyst throughout the project life cycle (end-to-end) for small to medium sized projects.
Candidate will have note tracking, reporting and ad hoc analysis responsibilities and deliverables.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Product Owner with the end-to-end planning and management of a small to medium project or a component of a large project.
- Executes the analysis components of the initiative with a particular focus on business analysis, design, and deployment to support initiatives under the Derivatives Agile Program.
- Supports the formulation and definition of business scope and objectives based on client and user needs.
- Under direct supervision – help plan, organize, and control the activities of cross-functional project teams.
- Supports the development and maintenance of end-to-end project plans.
- Coordinates project scope control.
- Assists with overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Coordinates project tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution.
- Serves as relationship manager with business leads and program peers; ensures service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as advocate and change agent to implement recommended solutions with all impacted business operations.
- Supports development and implementation of project methodology, tools, best practices, and controls to improve process and overall quality of service.
- Supports Project Manager with project staffing, resource allocation and task assignments.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Fuel Innovation- Capitalize on new ideas to reinvent ourselves and the business.
- Act Globally – Understand different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy.
- Client Focus & Consultation – Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous, and logical analysis.
- Manage Execution – Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities, and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels.
- Quality & Risk Management – Drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls.
- Product expert for Center of Excellence. Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating models.
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed.
- Exercise discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze, and proactively resolve issues.
- Resolve issues, make exceptions, and prioritize actions.
- Encourage suggestions for, and implementation of, continuous improvements to core products and services.
- Help others adapt to new values, attitudes, norms, and behaviours that support new ways of doing work and limiting risk.
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches, and suspicious activities.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation.
- Effectively interact with internal and external clients to provide support on a global basis.
- Effective communication to resolve complex issues and support implementation of process improvements.
- Develop effective relationships with peers by sharing expertise with colleagues and other departments.
- Liaise with internal groups to maintain SOPs, internal and external audits.
- Cultivate effective relationships with our internal and external global partners.
- Share responsibility for participating in corporate committees and initiatives.
- Share expertise with colleagues and other departments.
- Share coaching and development of staff with manager.
- Develop and maintain procedures.
Education, Experience and Key Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-4 years of financial services and/or project management experience.
- Ability to manage through complex issues and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across global SSC business lines.
- Ability to be influential change agent with businesses.
- Strong prioritization management and resource management skills.
- Expertise with project management methodology and tools.
- Strong PC skills, including office applications, project scheduling, and flowcharting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required.
- Experience working with Derivatives (exchange-traded as well as OTC)