Business Analyst, Managed Corporate Actions
The Managed Corporate Actions service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements for nearly three million equities, fixed income, and structured finance securities across global markets. MCA services customers as a single source that streamlines operations for the collection, validation and dissemination of corporate actions
The role requires the candidate to have excellent organizational & communication skills, strong business analysis skills in leading the requirements gathering, documenting the same as visualized mock-ups/use cases, keeping the build backlog always up-to-date. The candidate is expected to lead the business requirement function and work closely with the Business/Product, fellow BA team members, Development and QA teams to deliver client requests, product enhancements, data quality improvements, operational efficiencies and system changes.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Understand the business requirements from the product team, business sponsors, external clients and the operations team along with understanding system capabilities from Development and QA leads and other key stakeholders
- Gather, analyze and document detailed business and functional requirements. Obtain sign-off on requirements from functional stakeholders across the globe
- Document requirements in the form of visualized mock-ups/use cases/user stories and keeping the product backlog well groomed & prioritized at all times
- Manage prioritization of enhancements, system fixes, client/product/operational requests
- Drive innovations and efficiency by studying and analyzing data and creating solutions which make existing processes streamlined
- Define project/release scope, obtain development and QA estimates by working with project manager on the overall project plan
- Transform business requests and other business requirements into technical requirements that can be implemented by the software development team, including filling in any gaps.
- On daily stand ups, work with development team and business stakeholders to clarify work requests, overcome design obstacles, and make informed decisions in a timely fashion.
- Work with the business and development team to establish acceptance criteria to ensure applications are thoroughly tested prior to release
- Own the delivery of platform functionality from the beginning of the business idea to final testing of the production release.
- Identify any development risks and develop contingency plans.
- Resolve complex design problems, specifically, integrating long ingrained heritage platform functionality into integrated solutions.
- Independently and proactively evaluate and manage resolution for issues with the system using extensive knowledge of tools, application and process.
- Develop clear action plans for problem resolution, monitor results and follows through until completion across multiple functional groups.
- Work closely with development and QA to ensure implementation meets requirements and mitigate risks in overall project execution to enable completion of project per committed scope
- Review test cases from QA team, conduct demos for end users, participate and monitor the UAT
- Address client issues and escalated queries; participate in external calls/meetings with clients when required. Raise issues and requests from client service team, sales, or directly from clients with product managers.
- Brainstorm and innovate solutions and new ideas to achieve efficiencies and new functionality to improve system usability, save cost, and increase revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of management, finance or technology required along with 4-6 years of prior experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong presentation and analysis skills, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially excel
- Good understanding of database structures and basic knowledge of SQL
- Prior asset servicing experience preferred; corporate actions experience strongly preferred. Good understanding (preferably experience) of various financial asset classes
- Familiarity with feeds from financial data vendors such as SIX, IDC etc. along with applicable ISO 15022/20022 standards
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement programs successfully
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and manage large and diverse stakeholder groups with no organizationally authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to successfully take a program from inception to final delivery
- Good understanding of financial markets and instruments, practices around asset servicing and various regulatory requirements
- Good to have awareness around competitors and industry practices
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.