Senior Business Analyst – Client Service
Morgan Stanley Fund Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, administers over $280 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by more than 750 professionals based in New York, London, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
The Product Development team within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) works with the business to establish the overall strategy and priorities for the technology products and platforms. Based on the business strategy and overall priorities, the Product Development team creates product plans including high level business requirements, cost analysis, benefits definition and an overall go to market rollout plan.
The BA candidate will work closely with the business unit to manage and implement the direction and priorities of the business within agreed on deadlines. This candidate will be responsible for driving and documenting detailed user requirements for the development teams, driving and facilitating design reviews with the business to gather feedback and drive and manage the overall rollout plan including QA, user testing, staff training and final delivery. This role also includes being the first line of user support for products, track client issues and works with business to prioritize post implementation issues and enhancements requests. This candidate will have to coordinate across the business and development teams across multiple global locations and time zones. The position requires periodic weekend work for turnover management.
- Self motivated and ability to drive results and meet deadlines
- Ability to Analyze the structure of a business to determine how it operates and determine its objectives
- Prepare accurate process mapping/modelling diagrams using Visio across functional areas and or systems
- Identifying any problems with the current business model/process
- Provide recommendations for possible process changes to help optimize current procedures
- Prepare and delivering meaningful reports of findings to leadership with comprehensive risk and impact assessment
- Prepare detailed requirements documentation in JIRA
- Develop and execute comprehensive end-to-end (E2E) test cases at the application and multi-application levels
- Perform quality assurance during and after implementation
- Carry out training sessions and workshops to guide global teams
- Ability to drive development of KPI report production, automation, and validation
- Strong comfort with Outlook, Excel, JIRA, Visio, PowerPoint
- Strong, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills a must
- 7 to 10 years of BA experience encompassing the above skillsets
- Background in Alternative Investments Investor Accounting such as Private Equity and or Hedgefunds
- Experience in an Institutional Financial Services firm (ie banks, administrators, audit & assurance, other service providers)
- AGILE experience preferred